background

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day Cooking Class

Why am I so bad about keeping up a blog?!  Fortunately, I have a 3-day weekend, so I will get back in gear with blogging and plan some posts ahead of time on my day off.  Aside from working on my blog on Monday, I also plan to put together a recipe binder.  I use cookbooks and Pinterest for recipes, but I'd like to be able to consolidate our favorite recipes to one spot.  I also get Real Simple and Cooking Light magazines monthly, so I'd like to cut out recipes from those sources and get them organized in a binder.  How do you organize your recipes?  Do you use a binder?  What suggestions do you have for setting it up?
Some new recipes that are definitely making their way into the binder are the ones we learned about and ate at our cooking class this past week.  For Valentine's Day, instead of dinner out or gifts, Rob and I decided to take a cooking class taught by one of my favorite bloggers, Jenny Steffens Hobick at a local cooking store.  (My mom and I both love Jenny's adorable lifestyle and cooking blog, and it was such a treat meeting her!)  The menu at the class consisted of spinach salad with a hot bacon dressing, garlic bread, lemon cream shrimp scampi linguine, slow-roasted beef tenderloin, and baked chocolate brownie pudding- YUM!  (I believe all these recipes are on her blog.)  We both really enjoyed the class, and I'm hoping a couples cooking class can be a new Valentine's Day tradition for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment